Jeffrey Dirmann, Esq.
Mr. Dirmann is an attorney at Agostino & Associates, P.C., where his practice focuses on general tax controversy matters, including collections matters, litigation, and criminal investigations.
He has represented numerous individuals and businesses before the Internal Revenue Service, the United States Tax Court, and the United States District Court.
J.D., Rutgers School of Law
Jeffrey Dirmann, Esq
14 Washington Place
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Awards and Recognition
- John S. Nolan Fellow – American Bar Association – Section of Taxation – 2018-2019 Class
- Recipient, New York County Lawyers’ Association Pro Bono Award – October 27, 2016
Internal Revenue Service VITA Volunteer Tax Return Preparer, January 2017 to present
- Update On How To Report Cash Receipts And Payments, Agostino & Associates Monthly Journal of Tax Controversy, December 2020.
- The ABA Section of Taxation’s May Meeting, Best Practices for the Planning, Valuation and Sale of Personal Goodwill, Presented at the Grand Hyatt, Washington DC, May 6, 2016
- Federal Taxation Part III, Estate & Gift, Accounting Methods and Taxation of Installment Sales, Presented at Bergen Community College, June 9, 2016
- The ABA Section of Taxation’s National Institute on Criminal Tax Fraud and Tax Controversy, Representing the Taxpayer with No Books and Records – Best Practices in Reconstruction and Estimates from Tax Return to Tax Court, Presented at the Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Hotel, December 7, 2016
- Eight Annual Criminal Tax Enforcement Forum, Sentencing Issues and Trends, Presented at Bergen Community College, January 23, 2017
- Civil and Criminal Tax Penalties, Presented at Bergen Community College, June 6, 2017
- The ABA Section of Taxation’s National Institute on Criminal Tax Fraud and Tax Controversy, Incorporating the Taxpayer Bill of Rights Into the Representation of Low Income Taxpayers, Presented at the Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Hotel, December 6, 2017
- Ninth Annual Criminal Tax Enforcement Forum, Updates on Whistleblower Awards, Presented at Bergen Community College, January 31, 2018
- The ABA Section of Taxation’s 2018 Mid-Year Meeting, Recent Developments in Collection Including Passport Revocations, International Penalties in Collection Due Process and the Use of Private Debt Collectors, Presented at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel, San Diego, February 9, 2018
- International Tax Enforcement Update, Tax Litigation Involving the Failure to Report Foreign Income and Assets, Presented at the Hackensack Performing Arts Center, Hackensack, N.J., June 20, 2018
- The ABA Section of Taxation’s 2018 Fall Meeting, Collection Workshop – Nuts and Bolts of Tax Collection and CDP, Presented at the Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, GA, October 4, 2018